Did you ever suffer from constipation? If so, maybe you know What Does Constipation Feel Like? Actually, what is constipation ... some say, when attacked by constipation, feel like twisting ...The entire abdominal cavity feels chaotic, feel like uncertain. Bloating, nausea, and stomach feeling full, and make a decreased appetite. Constipation is a state of retained stool (feces) in the colon in a long time because of the difficulty spending. It happened because of the weakness or absence of peristaltic movements of the colon.
Chronic constipation is a dangerous condition because it can lead to other serious illnesses. Constipation causes the gathering body of toxins and waste that should be excluded, so that the toxins are sucked back into the blood and poison the whole system and cause disease. Therefore the contents of the stomach must be removed at least once a day.
Constipation in adults, pregnant women and in children, the cause could be different, could be due to diet, habits, and stress.
• an unbalanced diet, such as a lack of fiber foods (vegetables, fruits, beans, mashed rice, jelly, etc.).
• lack of fluid that causes soft stool is not even a hardened like a stone (not a lack of drinking 8 glasses of water per day)
• The habit of delaying bowel movements, this led to the desire to defecate, it has increasingly lost.
• Lack of motion activity and jobs that require sitting for too long. This causes the colon so the stool less hard work down
• mechanical disorders of the intestine such as cancer, inflammation of the bowel wall, bowel protruding and others. Disorders of the digestive tract that causes the digestive process is also disrupted, so that bowel movements become smooth and irregular.
• Side effects of certain medications such as antidepressant drugs, medicines and painkillers, iron supplements, calcium carbonate, aluminum carbonate antacid; some antidepressants and some anti-high blood pressure
• Use of laxatives on a long time. This is because the muscles of the rectum can no longer react naturally because of constantly being forced by laxatives. This usually occurs in women who used laxatives for slimming.
• emotions it can also cause constipation. People who are depressed or sad and experiencing stress often suffer from constipation. These emotions can affect peristaltic movements of the colon.
In pregnant women
• First, they often change dietary fiber foods into low-yield foods, or soft foods. So the body's production of waste is reduced.
• Second, the growing baby's birth canal because of the growth, causing rectum (anus) and colon (large intestine) depressed so that bowel movements become difficult.
• Third during the pregnancy hormone the body produces more progesterone. This causes the intestinal muscle movement becomes slower, so the process of removing waste body becomes blocked or difficult.
In children or babies
• less fiber, excessive intake of milk formula
• congenital abnormalities (intestinal or neural)
• drug toxicity, metabolic disorders, or psychological disorders (difficulty toilet training)
If constipation is held in a long time and can often lead to a more dangerous disease. Persistent constipation cause straining habit when defecating. It may cause dilation of blood vessels in the anus and the subsequent swelling and eventually arise anus bulge out, so there was piles (hemorrhoids). Hemorrhoids require more serious treatment of constipation, because the problem is more complex. Not only is it difficult to defecate, but there has been a bulge out of the anus that cause uncomfortable and painful condition. Prolonged constipation can also trigger the occurrence of tumors in the colon, because the substances and harmful impurities that have spent too long to settle in the intestine, so that would be toxic that trigger cancerous cell or carcinogenic.
Handling both constipation in adults, pregnant women and children and infants, the most secure in a natural way. To prevent this, a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet should be applied.
Here are some things that must be considered to prevent constipation
• consuming foods rich in fiber like fruits and vegetables. Fiber works to suck the water so the stools become soft and easily removed, fiber can also help remove cholesterol from the intestine.
• Drink water at least 2 liters a day. Water helps the digestive process of food ie food that softens and dissolves the water soluble, so that the juices easily absorbed food and food waste (feces) does not harden.
• Reduce drinking coffee or soft drinks that contain caffeine
• Infants who drink formula usually hardened feces. To soften it needs to be given food fruits and vegetables.
• Do not delay bowel movements, bowel habit every day,
• Conducting gestures such as exercising in order to facilitate the body's metabolism.
• Do not sit too long throughout the day, interspersed with a walk.